Temporary Residence Permit in Lithuania
The citizens of foreign states (non European Union), wishing to live in the Republic of Lithuania, must acquire the residence permit. First of all a temporary residence permit (TRP) to live in the Republic of Lithuania for one, two or three years is issued; later it can be prolonged.
- Services for those, who plan to start a business in Lithuania and on the same basis apply for a temporary residence permit in Lithuania
- Additional services related to issuance of temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania
- What documents should be submitted in order to obtain a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania?
- Terms and conditions for granting a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania
- Not demanding for the work permit
- Possibility to travel within the Schengen Area
Services for those, who plan to start a business in Lithuania and on the same basis apply for a temporary residence permit in Lithuania
Nationals of other countries (non-EU nationals) engaged in lawful activities in the Republic of Lithuania (for example: operating a legal entity incorporated in the Republic of Lithuania or operating a branch of a foreign state incorporated in Lithuania) have an opportunity to obtain a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania.
For this purpose, the following legal services are provided in connection to the acquisition/establishment of a legal entity or a branch:
- Set up of a legal entity or a branch in Lithuania or arrangement of documentation to purchase a legal entity incorporated in Lithuania;
- Other procedures necessary for transfer or set up of a legal entity or a branch (representation at Registry centre of legal entities, representation at Notary public office, etc.);
- Preparation of necessary documents for set up of a legal entity or a branch and processing of purchase and sale of a company.
Nationals of other countries, who intend to apply for a temporary residence permit in Lithuania, are offered the following services:
- Preparation of documents (application, great ledger, financial statement, Invoice register, cash register and other financial documentation which are required as supporting documents with application for issuance of residence permit in Lithuania);
- Consultations on conditions to acquire the residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Practical assistance in acquiring necessary certificates and other documents, required for application of issuance of the residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania.
Temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania is issued within 2-4 months.
Top Of Page ↑
|Preparation and submission of documents to the Center of Registers||Preparation and submission of documents on changes in information on company’s shareholders and manager to the State Enterprise Center of Registers.|
|Employment of a company manager||Procedures of employment of a company manager; Notification of employment to respective institutions; Preparation of employment contract with a manager and other documents.|
|Registration address of a company||Granting of registration address, since every legal entity of the Republic of Lithuania must have an official registration address.|
|Accounting||Handling of accounting of the companies.|
|Business consultations||Consultations on the tax policy of the Republic of Lithuania, financial obligations of a company, company management, employment, and other matters related to the company’s activities.|
What documents should be submitted in order to obtain a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania?
The following shall be submitted for the issuance of application for temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania:
- valid travel document (passport) as well as a copy thereof;
- valid visa, if visa waiver is not applied, or residence permit as well as a copy thereof, when an application for temporary residence permit is submitted to the migration service;
- documents, validating the basis for issuance or replacement of temporary residence permit – certificate of registration, articles of association or regulations of a company, institution, organisation or a branch incorporated in the Republic of Lithuania, and documents, validating that a foreigner is an owner or/and a manager of such company, institution, organisation or a branch;
- one photo (40 x 60 mm) corresponding the age;
- criminal record. Should be legalised and translated into Lithuanian language.
1. Requirements for a company or a branch and an alien
The company shall meet the following conditions:
- It shall be established and operational for the last 6 months before the alien’s application to issue a temporary residence permit;
- One or more working places shall be established. Citizens of Lithuania or persons holding a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania shall be authorised to work there. At least two average salaries shall be paid to employees;
- The value of equity capital shall be at least EUR 28,000, of which at least EUR 14,000 shall be invested by the alien.
The alien shall be the following eligible companies:
- a participant and manager, or a member of the collegial management or supervision body, or a participant holding the right to conclude transactions on behalf of it,
- a shareholder of a public or private limited liability company the nominal value of company shares belonging to whom by the right of ownership is at least 1/3 of this company’s authorised capital,
- a manager, a member of the collegial management or supervision body, and his/her goal of arrival is employment in that company.
In branch case:
- shall work in the foreign company longer than 1 year;
- shall work in the branch of foreign company in Lithuania as a manager.
2. Insurance coverage
A person has a valid health insurance document. Minimum insurance coverage is EUR 5792,40. The health insurance contract has to be valid for the entire stay of a foreigner in the Republic of Lithuania. Health insurance is provided by various insurance companies; therefore, a choice can be made according to a more attractive price. Insurance documents have to be submitted for execution of residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania (after the decision to issue the permit is made). If a foreign citizen is employed as a manager of a company, registered in the Republic of Lithuania, he automatically gets mandatory health insurance (9% is deducted from the salary of people, employed in the Republic of Lithuania, for health insurance every month, and additional health insurance is not required, if such insurance contributions are paid).
A sufficient monthly source of subsistence is deemed EUR 400 or EUR 4800 a year. If the alien works in Lithuania, he/she shall be paid at least the salary of EUR 400 or he/she shall have the annual amount of subsistence money in a bank account.
4. Place of residence
An accommodation shall be deemed suitable for residence if 7 m2 are available per one adult person.
A foreign citizen has a title of ownership of residential premises in the Republic of Lithuania.
A foreign citizen has residential premises on a lease basis. In this case, a lease agreement has to be concluded for the period not shorter than the period of validity of temporary residence permit. The lease agreement has to be registered with the Center of Registers. The price of registration is 25 % of agreed remuneration, but not exceeding EUR 43,44.
A foreign citizen submits a certified commitment of a natural personal or legal entity to provide him with the residential premises for the period of validity of temporary residence permit. Natural person’s consent has to be certified by the notary public. Such certification is not required, if a person comes to the migration service and gives his consent on site. The owner must have a document witnessing the title of ownership.
Top Of Page ↑
An alien employed in the company shall acquire an authorization to work in Lithuania. A job vacancy should be notified to the Lithuanian Labour exchange one month in advance. In one month, an application to issue a work permit may be filed. A decision shall be taken within 2 months. A work permit is issued for one year.
A work permit in Lithuania shall not be required when:
- a person works in a branch of a foreign company, representative office or enterprise belonging to the very same group of companies in Lithuania;
- has a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania;
- is engaged, and intends to be engaged in the future, in lawful activities in the Republic of Lithuania;
- has acquired a long-term resident status in another EU member state and has had a residence and work permit in Lithuania for at least one year, or has worked in Lithuania for at least one year.
When a person, who is not a citizen of the Schengen State, has a residence permit, issued by another Schengen State (not the Republic of Lithuania), during the period of validity of residence permit he is entitled to arrive to the Republic of Lithuania and stay here up to 3 months during the period of six months without visa as of the first day of arrival to the Republic of Lithuania or any Schengen State, other than the one that has issued the aforementioned residence permit.
When a person, who is not a citizen of the Schengen State and who has a residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania, during the period of validity of permit is entitled to travel in the entire Schengen Area without visa.